Why should we conserve energy?
- Energy efficiency saves you money.
- The average U.S. household spends $5,500 a year on energy. By making an effort to be more energy efficient, a household can save hundreds of dollars a year.
- Energy efficiency improves the economy.
- Energy efficiency is saving the U.S. $500 billion a year while creating hundreds of thousands of jobs.
- Energy efficiency is good for the environment.
- By using less energy, we save natural resources and cut down on pollution.
- Energy efficiency increases natural security.
- By decreasing the demand for energy, the U.S. does not have to import as many fossil fuels, which decreases the country's dependence on foreign nations.
- Energy efficiency improves the quality of life.
- By using energy efficiently, a person can make life more comfortable for themselves, businesses can be more productive, and energy can be more accessible to all.
All of these reasons to conserve energy are very important to me. In order to become more energy efficient in my everyday activities I have created an action plan to assist me in the little changes that I can make.