After implementing my action plan, I did another energy audit of my home for a week.

From the few changes I made to the electricity I use, such as getting rid of nightlights and unplugging the microwave when it is not in use, I am reducing the amount of energy I am using by about 27 kilowatts and saving myself about $4 every week. 

A change can also be seen in the leaking electricity. By unplugging all the appliances I possibly can or turning off the power strip, I have significantly reduced the amount of kilowatts leaked by my appliances by about 9 kilowatts and have also saved myself about $1.40 every week.

With the changes illustrated in the personal energy meter and leaking electricity chart, the effects of my energy efficiency can be seen. I am using about 36 kilowatts less a week, which is about 1,872 kilowatts a year. I am saving about $5.40 a week, which is about $280.80 a year.
     I have also implemented many other of the changes in my action plan that are not shown in the charts. I have convinced my parents to install solar panels on our roof, stopped the entire family from using plastic cups and paper plates, and switched all lights in my house from incandescent to flourescent, just to name a few. I am planning to implement them all by the end of the year.